Pioneer 4100NEX installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pioneer 4100NEX installed (by me). There were several pain points to it, but it came out pretty nice. The dual USB port to replace the 12V accessory socket was a pain to find, but worth it. I bought a cheap camera for forward facing since the head unit supports two cameras, but the one I received was DOA, so I'm waiting for a replacement. Fun fact: 4100NEX fits great until you want to actually plug something into the USB ports on the back to use Android Auto or Carplay (biggest features of the head unit). It stuck out over an inch b/c of those, so I had to cut out the plastic and metal bracket (not dash support) and it barely fits now. I ran a HDMI extension under the center console in case I figure out something to do with it (Chromecast maybe?). Still want to hook the rear dealer installed Invision headrest monitors to it, but I don't think there's a good, clean way to do it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool. thanks for the links

Planning to put one in? I can give you a parts list and everything for it. If you have Bose, which type of amp you have will determine how it has to be wired.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I wanna get the same unit. Can I ask where you purchased the unit/install kit?

Also was the install relatively easy in terms of not having to splice/solder wires and such? I'm thinking about installing it myself as well. Thanks!

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I wanna get the same unit. Can I ask where you purchased the unit/install kit?

Also was the install relatively easy in terms of not having to splice/solder wires and such? I'm thinking about installing it myself as well. Thanks!

It was pretty straight forward. It's mostly matching up the same color wires together and crimping them.

I bought from Crutchfield because you only get a warranty with Pioneer products if they're purchased from an authorized retailer. It was $75 more there than on Amazon, but I used their customer support a few times as well. I bought everything else on Amazon. Crutchfield provided some support for the wiring regardless, but I did call Metra once or twice and they knew more about the wiring than Crutchfield did (such as how to determine which Bose amp I have and how to wire it based on that). Just compare prices of getting all your stuff on Amazon vs from Crutchfield and see if it's worth it to buy in separate places.

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering this exact HU. How's the CarPlay or have you hooked that up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattserritella