Pioneer 2din HU suck Battery down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Honestly I haven't messed with those modules much. 90% of the time I just run a acc12v to the fuse box and do away with all the chimes.
But I'm glad you figured out the problem
Thanks. Which fusebox would you use to run a wire ?

It's stuff like this that makes me happy I got my '00 Yukon XL...
Seems like it has the best of the old tech from the OBS, and none of the stupid stuff they put in for the '03+.
I completly understant the feelling. I like the 03+ for the redesigned steering wheel, the 2DIN radio that can be replaced easily (LOL), and the 5.3L engine that have a higher MPG rate.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall, it's the seo acc 2 fuse. Just use a add a fuse thing and your good to go. Best part is it does away with all the chimes. No more dinging

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completly understant the feelling. I like the 03+ for the redesigned steering wheel, the 2DIN radio that can be replaced easily (LOL), and the 5.3L engine that have a higher MPG rate.

I wouldn't mind having a little bit better MPG, but the one thing I really miss from my '04 Monte Carlo SS is the steering wheel buttons for controlling the radio. I wish I could retrofit an '03+ wheel onto mine to get the buttons.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a little bit better MPG, but the one thing I really miss from my '04 Monte Carlo SS is the steering wheel buttons for controlling the radio. I wish I could retrofit an '03+ wheel onto mine to get the buttons.

I don't know that a 03-04 gets any better mileage, a 05-06 might because of electric fans and not a mechanical fan...

If I recall, some 99-02 had steering wheel controls. Just not as nice looking as 03+

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
If I recall, it's the seo acc 2 fuse. Just use a add a fuse thing and your good to go. Best part is it does away with all the chimes. No more dinging
I've found a small fuse on the inside fuse box and I've done like you said. So far it keeps the time and date when the key is removed. I'll test this week if it still suck down the battery.
So far I have to find where i stiored the Bluetooth microphone and the box for keeping the steering wheel commands.
Will post pics later.