PIN number required with Car Play?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCSFPD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2024 Yukon XL SLT with Apple Car Play. Every time I start the vehicle I have to enter my PIN to make the center screen available. Is this normal? Is there any way to make the center screen open automatically?

JTGZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have never experienced this in my 2023 Tahoe, and I use CarPlay - although I don't know if there were any changes to the infotainment system from 2023 to 2024.

Can you provide a screen shot?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2024 Yukon XL SLT with Apple Car Play. Every time I start the vehicle I have to enter my PIN to make the center screen available. Is this normal? Is there any way to make the center screen open automatically?
im going to guess you have some kind of security setting enabled on the phone OR it is not paired correctly
try deleting the car from the phone and phone from the car and restart the sync again.

OP
OP
J

JCSFPD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im going to guess you have some kind of security setting enabled on the phone OR it is not paired correctly
try deleting the car from the phone and phone from the car and restart the sync again.
I found a security setting in Apple Car Play that required a PIN to be entered. I was able to turn it off and that allows anyone to access the center dash screen when the Yukon is running. Thank you both for the helpful suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse