Picked up an 07 Z71 Suburban to replace the 04 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOVE the tahoe. The Burb looks nice but def get rid of those aftermarket rims! Man your tahoe rims/tires would've looked really good on the Burb.

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys the Tahoe was a work in progress. I was in the air with the wheels and tires, but the buyer wanted them and was willing to pay extra to get them so I just let them on. The wife wanted different wheels for the Suburban anyways so I don't really care either way. I was looking at these wheels possibly. $_12.jpg
Eagle_5078_2087_1_AA-300.png

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea no biggie everything is replacable you could always buy another exact set but whats the fun in that huh? Fuel has some really nice wheels just like the ones on your tahoe and the ones you posted above, i'd definitely take a look at what they have to offer before pulling the trigger.

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had looked at Fuel also, and we are not sure what we will get yet. I am not going to purchase anything till after winter anyways. Also my wife is a PITA when it comes to picking wheels. So who know what we will end up with :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at least she WANTS to get aftermarket wheels. Mine wants to throw up everytime I bring up getting new rims lol.

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She didn't used to be like that, but she has learned over the last few years. Anytime we purchase a vehicle now she is on me right away to order weathertechs and stuff before we even pick it up. Till next summer the Suburban should look a bit different. I want to black out the grille and and a few other things. Really isn't a ton I need to do on this other then spend many hours fixing the destroyed black paint like I had to do on our Tahoe. Owning a detailing business, it drives me nuts buying stuff because most dealers know how to really destroy a paint job. I am gonna hold off till spring to do it though. Figure 20 hours or so of compounding and polishing followed by a coat of CQuartz Finest and it should look good.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old Tahoe looked great. Don't go smaller tire, imo. Go with the same wheel/tire size. Basically, make the new one look exactly like the old one and it will be a 6000 lb slab of win. If it ain't broke...