Performance exhaust... Which to buy?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexYukon16

Reaction score
whats goin on TYF!? Got my '16 XL Denali 2 weeks ago. Installed a K&N Blackhawk CAI (which opens up now like a BEAST). Now, for my next upgrade, I'm doing an exhaust. It's between the Corsa sport and the Borla ATAK. Has anyone ever come across these to provide some input as to sound and performance? I'm not a fan of exhaust that sound like stock. I mean it's a V8 6.2L... I want it to sound like what it is! Hahaha! Thanks in advance.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I had a borla on my SRT8 and it was loud but droned like a son of a gun. I have the Corsa sport on mine and love it! It has no drone and sounds faily mellow when driving normal but anything past 1/2 throttle or more she sounds good-WOT and it screams. Cold start-ups are great too. There is a thread floating around here about the Corsa on the new 16's...

Here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/corsa-sport-on-2015-denali.77456/

OP
OP
alexYukon16

alexYukon16

Reaction score
Congrats! I had a borla on my SRT8 and it was loud but droned like a son of a gun. I have the Corsa sport on mine and love it! It has no drone and sounds faily mellow when driving normal but anything past 1/2 throttle or more she sounds good-WOT and it screams. Cold start-ups are great too. There is a thread floating around here about the Corsa on the new 16's...

Here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/corsa-sport-on-2015-denali.77456/

Yea the Corsa exhaust sounds excellent. Just wish there were more comparison videos. The exhausts are the same price but I guess the cruising sound the exhaust gives out is the where it all differs. Thanks a lot for the link

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI all the exhausts out there for the 6.2 are 3.0 even though stock is 3.5". Except for magnaflow. Only aftermarket 3.5" system out right now.

I threw a 3" KPE on my Escalade and while it sounds ridiculously good, I can't help but feel like it's a tad slower now.

Something to consider.

OP
OP
alexYukon16

alexYukon16

Reaction score
Just FYI all the exhausts out there for the 6.2 are 3.0 even though stock is 3.5". Except for magnaflow. Only aftermarket 3.5" system out right now.

I threw a 3" KPE on my Escalade and while it sounds ridiculously good, I can't help but feel like it's a tad slower now.

Something to consider.

so custom exhaust it is! 3.5" cat back with a flow master can

WYO-HD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is bad ass. It may only be 3" but still flows 300% more than stock and sounds cool! Just sayin'....:)

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so custom exhaust it is! 3.5" cat back with a flow master can

You ever had a flowmaster before? I've had them on 3 trucks and they drone like nobody's business. They sound good but no way in hell I'd want that drone on a brand new Denali. To each their own I suppose.

FWIW, the KPE I have sounds absolutely incredible and has ZERO drone. Sounds SO tough. I really like it. Also, I filled up with gas the day before I got the exhaust installed and it's quite possible I put low grade in by accident instead of premium and that's why my truck is slower.

I'll fill up with premium at my usual station soon and report back. I'm REALLY hoping it's not the exhaust cuz it sounds SWEET!

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is bad ass. It may only be 3" but still flows 300% more than stock and sounds cool! Just sayin'....:)

300%, seriously???

I don't care what their website says, there's no way a 1/2" smaller pipe flows 3 TIMES better than the stock 3.5" pipe. Just not possible.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Magnaflow 12909 muffler was at my door step today. Only got the 3.5" muffler that I ordered from Norcal SS. He had the best price. I'm following his advice and just swapping out the muffler instead of getting the whole cat back system. The stock pipe is 3.5" and correct me if I'm wrong, stainless steel. Hopefully the Magnaflow doesn't produce drone. I'm going to keep the flap for now.

Now I'm looking for a single exhaust tip. I'm looking at the GMC tips. Any recommendation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz