pegged oil pressure gauge, jumpy after replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a good answer for you. I'm not saying it's not the stepper, either... But intermittent and pegged, then bouncing, then fine.... Sounds like a short to me. I think all you can do is trace the wires... Are you sure the plug is seated well? Did you keep /reuse that little gray insert piece?

ill check it this week..i think its in there okay. what grey insert peice? the new one had a washer like the old one. i put in only new parts.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was me, I would return the sensor and try another 1 if I didn't find any problems with the wiring, i.e. Continuity fault, broken pin, damaged harness, moisture contamination. I would spend about 10-Mins exploring for anything obvious before running down to the store & exchanging the sensor. Matter of fact I would just drive over to the part-store & do it there in the parking space.

Last edited:

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a separate oil pressure gauge connected to an oil galley plug or some separate test port on the block to make sure the pressure is verified ok. This will pretty much give you the confidence to know that either your wiring, connections or sensor is the issue and not a plugged galley or bad oil pump, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

what the heck? there wasnt that part in the one i pulled out. i think it was in the new one but i honestly thought it was a cap to protect the new one in delivery i didnt put it in. damn i probably messed it up. i threw out the little cap thing too. got a part number on it? lol this sensor is a pain in the ass to mess with at that smh

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
what the heck? there wasnt that part in the one i pulled out. i think it was in the new one but i honestly thought it was a cap to protect the new one in delivery i didnt put it in. damn i probably messed it up. i threw out the little cap thing too. got a part number on it? lol this sensor is a pain in the ass to mess with at that smh

I honestly don't know that the piece is totally necessary, but my new one didn't have it and I had read somewhere to keep it. Seemed smart, worked well.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know that the piece is totally necessary, but my new one didn't have it and I had read somewhere to keep it. Seemed smart, worked well.

yea i didnt even see one on the old one. ill figure something out i guess.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lack of that plastic piece can cause the issue you have. Another possible cause would be the wire harness that connects to the sensor. My bet is the plastic insert.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

last week or so its been acting normal. im assuming it was the plastic piece insert/ the connection being dirty. had some oil on it when i changed it out i cleaned it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper