Peddlers front lowering springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the lower with my 17s installed. I'll get a picture from the back side when I head back outside.

front suspension-3.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have Mcgaughys spindles. They made the most sense. The only reason you cut the bolt is if your spare tire is under 17” which most factory are or if you plan to take it back to original height. I didn’t cut mine but if I have a flat front I have to move a back tire to the front and put the spare on the back. Not messing with any geometry just made more sense to me. Good luck.

Sorry, meant to say the only reason you WOULD cut them if your spare is small but once cut you need to replace the ball joint with the longer bolts.

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe GMT900 smallest wheels are 17s, they don't go any smaller.
If you look at my previous post, you will see how much had to be removed with 17" wheels. You would still have to remove some even with 18" wheels too.

As far as how it handles, honestly I haven't really driven it much. I just got it aligned early this week and its out of spec. I need to replace my uppers with stock arms and then I'll be good.
From driving to and from work, it feels ok. Haven't really thrown it around any corners due to the alignment. An overall feel, it definitely feels better than before. But, I think I'm going to go with a coil-over conversion because I don't think its firm enough for my liking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bull78

Bull78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good info, thank y'all. Think, I'm gonna do the springs, gonna have a lot of the front end taken apart already. Replacing bushings!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, good choice.
Hmm, did somebody say front end taken apart? All brandy new:) Well, accept for my tie rods.

front suspension-1.jpg front suspension-2.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. What was the overall drop and what size are your tires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645