Passenger Presence System Conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was pointed out to me that I posted this question in the wrong section (2015+) so I should try it here :)

I recently purchased a 2004 Tahoe and I really like it but the airbag light is on in the cluster. I have a Tech-2 so I hooked it up and found the B0092 code was present.

That pointed me to the passenger presence system so I checked that and the test flashed the code "65", but I am having trouble figuring out what the DTC 65 is calling attention to in the PPS.

After reading about the common harness failure do to pinching I removed the seat to inspect the harnesses, they were all good but the bladder in the
passenger seat is leaking.

Before I invest a small fortune in a new seat cushion, bladder, pressure sensor and module I thought I would see if anyone knows what that 65 flash code means or even better whether I can convert the system over to the other style manual on/off switch (like I have in my 2004 Sonoma) and get rid of the passenger presence system altogether ;)

Thank you for looking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zednelem93