Park assist Retro. Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22 Tahoe Z71 here... does anyone know what needs to be done exactly to install the park assist module? Why is it so hard? I have the button and sensors already, why would they put a module in a place that is so hard to get to? It seems like there is a high chance they damage stuff and by all accounts the sensors don't even seem to work that well, should i just skip this one? the 360 cameras have been pretty good for parking...

Also, what is involved in the heated steering wheel retrofit? do you get an entirely new steering wheel or just a button and module? My steering wheel has a small flaw that bothers me... the dealer said it is normal and won't replace it, so i wouldn't mind a new wheel.

Also Also, I got the letters last week and called to scheduled the service 2 weeks out. Just called them today to make sure the parts would be in and they told me they never ordered the parts, so they cancelled my appointment and told me to call back when i get a text saying the parts are in... pretty infuriating.

dcyy

Reaction score
Yep, I had the oil and filter with tire rotation done on my 22 Yukon 2 weeks ago when in for the retrofit and it was $179!
You sure there's not a misprint somewhere-just had my 22 Denali serviced...8qts./filter/rotation Also had enough points in myGMC acct. after purchase to cover it and maybe 1 more. at my GMC dealer

Attachments

• IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 4

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on their website and when I got there they said it was now $169 and then they add for "shop supplies", old oil disposal etc and totaled $179. Note it is for Mobil 1 synthetic. Their Dexos is $129 + supplies. All dealers here in the Phoenix, AZ area are pretty much the same.

Attachments

• oil.png
    oil.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 3

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22 Tahoe Z71 here... does anyone know what needs to be done exactly to install the park assist module? Why is it so hard? I have the button and sensors already, why would they put a module in a place that is so hard to get to? It seems like there is a high chance they damage stuff and by all accounts the sensors don't even seem to work that well, should i just skip this one? the 360 cameras have been pretty good for parking...

Also, what is involved in the heated steering wheel retrofit? do you get an entirely new steering wheel or just a button and module? My steering wheel has a small flaw that bothers me... the dealer said it is normal and won't replace it, so i wouldn't mind a new wheel.

Also Also, I got the letters last week and called to scheduled the service 2 weeks out. Just called them today to make sure the parts would be in and they told me they never ordered the parts, so they cancelled my appointment and told me to call back when i get a text saying the parts are in... pretty infuriating.
Engineering didn't expect the module to experience shortages nor ever need to be replaced outside of rare circumstances. Keep in mind this platform was being designed BEFORE COVID so nobody expected the platform to deal with part shortages and retrofits. It's really not too hard of a module to get to, but it sounds like there's a lot of inexperienced techs out there that don't bother to look at the service procedure. Every piece of plastic trim shingles with another piece of plastic trim and if you don't pay attention to the order in which they are installed you'll damage them.

My model doesn't have the heated steering wheel so I don't have experience with it, but from what everyone else has said - you get a new steering wheel with the heated wheel retrofit.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, got my Heated Steering wheel retrofit done this morning, it is the whole new steering wheel with all the buttons and controls, service advisor told me it was a $400 part. My dealer is a large one with a lot of very good trained techs that know what they are doing took about 30 minutes to do the job.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure there's not a misprint somewhere-just had my 22 Denali serviced...8qts./filter/rotation Also had enough points in myGMC acct. after purchase to cover it and maybe 1 more. at my GMC dealer
Boy, you got a bargain there even with Dexos. The oil is like $50 add $10 for a filter so for labor and tire rotation for the other $25 is a real bargain!

dcyy

Reaction score
Boy, you got a bargain there even with Dexos. The oil is like $50 add $10 for a filter so for labor and tire rotation for the other $25 is a real bargain!
everyday price at dealer

Crzylgs

Reaction score
My dealership most of the parts for the park assist retrofit, but are missing the modules. It has been almost 2 months since I have received my letter at this point. Anyone else in the same situation?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need a different dealer! The part is readily available and take less than a week to get shipped to the dealer. You say the dealer has most of the parts, as far as I know the only missing "part" is the module itself.

DocR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rookie tech on the job that day. Didn't bother to read SI for removing that trim panel and tried prying on the arm rest. That arm rest is heat staked onto that sidewall panel and NOT removable. Glad they are going to take care of it and order replacement parts for you. Hopefully a more experienced tech is on the job when they get replaced as it's an even bigger job to replace the entire panel.
I resemble that rookie in some ways. I created the same problem with my Suburban interior door arm rest by leaning on it way too hard. If you don't mind sharing the info, what parts had to be replaced? I'll be doing this myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cervantesjesus174