Paint Protection/Waxing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of good stuff there Mark, thanks.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark. You on AG?

CarPro is a GREAT line.

IronX is a amazing product.

Last edited:

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark. You on AG?

CarPro is a GREAT line.

IronX is a amazing product.

Yes, I'm on both AG, and Autopia too, basically same user name as I have here.

Yes, without a doubt, Carpro is such a great line of products, I may eventually turn to solely using Carpro for protectants.

Polishes, there's of course tons of great stuff out there, Menzerna, Wolfgang-Pinnacle, Rupes, and even Meguiars cannot be discounted.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Iron x you just spray on after washing and then rinse?

Iron-X should be applied to a clean, just washed, and dried vehicle.

You apply to clean, dry and cool paint in the shade.

Spray on, then spread with a slightly dampened sponge. The let the magic begin. Oh, and get a clothspin for your nose!

Let dwell 7-10 minutes, don't let it dry on the paint. Then hose off.

While a white vehicle will better show what this product does, it does the exact same thing on any color paint, you just might not see it so easily.

You'll see the purple all over the ground, and this is dissolved Iron.

Iron-X does not rid a paint of Sap, Overspray, Tar, or other surface contaminants, it is solely for removing Iron.
Mark

AdamsPolishes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron, kick me a PM.

I'll get you some goods I think you'll enjoy using. :)

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like carnuba. I know it doesn't last as long as a synthetic but its got a little bit more color correction, really makes my black paint POP. Been using Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax (very easy on & off but with a little dusting) but I think I'm ready to give Adam's Americana paste wax and the Buttery Wax a try.

AdamsPolishes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like carnuba. I know it doesn't last as long as a synthetic but its got a little bit more color correction, really makes my black paint POP. Been using Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax (very easy on & off but with a little dusting) but I think I'm ready to give Adam's Americana paste wax and the Buttery Wax a try.

Just go with one or the other, not really necessary for both.

If you're choosing one or the other, go with Americana. It's far superior in shine and longevity, and actually ends up being less per application that Buttery since it stretches out so far. 40+ coats in one pot for a standard size vehicle.

Just my $.02. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz