p1192 p0700 idk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhg4dragon8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I scanned my yukon and found theses. I know the p700 is transmission control. But it is clear. The oem code I can't find anything. Thanks in advance

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
please verify those code numbers and what year you are working on please.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

also do you have a modified intake system?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
While those codes are not listed in the service manual some research on others suffering from the same issue and year I notice a peculiar problem. All the symptoms they mentioned can only have one likely cause. IMO you are suffering from a electric power interruption in the drivetrain. The symptoms details pointed to the ignition switch failing. Have you noticed your gauges acting up at all or the transmission indication going dark? Do you randomly see your tranny shift to 3 gear on it's own without any intervention of inputs from you such as gas pedal, depressing brakes or manual shifting? If so one or more contacts in the switch might just be to worn to work properly any longer.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

while it being very vague in detail the p1192 is often referred to as "external voltage". that is it i think. p0700 is tranny related but more referring to a general error in the tranny control module for which we do not have an external one. the pcm controls tranny, engine, emissions, a/c, fuel and spark stuff all in one unit.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

you just happen to get codes that are rarely seen by anyone here. In fact I think you are the first person to ask about them.

OP
OP
D

dhg4dragon8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only gauge that is acting up is the fuel.
No transmission problems I can feel.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

And the starter clicking sometimes. Does eventually start

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you have ground wires nearby and on the back of the right cylinder head that you can inspect for damage that can contribute to your problem.