P0700 and U0100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad_idea

Reaction score
Wife called me, said truck won’t start. She waited a bit, it started in limp mode. She drove short distance and parked it, unsure if she should proceed.

I drove to vehicle (2hours later) and pulled codes P0700 and U0100. Started truck just fine. Truck drives good. CEL is illuminated. I did a quick search and it appears it may be a ground issue or an issue with a connector. That is based off of info from threads on older models. Anyone have experience with this generation of truck throwing these codes and acting like this?

My immediate concern is the truck is 50 miles from home. I would like to drive it home to inspect further before I give in and take it to the dealership.

Thoughts? Thanks guys.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife called me, said truck won’t start. She waited a bit, it started in limp mode. She drove short distance and parked it, unsure if she should proceed.

I drove to vehicle (2hours later) and pulled codes P0700 and U0100. Started truck just fine. Truck drives good. CEL is illuminated. I did a quick search and it appears it may be a ground issue or an issue with a connector. That is based off of info from threads on older models. Anyone have experience with this generation of truck throwing these codes and acting like this?

My immediate concern is the truck is 50 miles from home. I would like to drive it home to inspect further before I give in and take it to the dealership.

Thoughts? Thanks guys.
sounds like it could just be a bad connection somewhere or even a chafed or pinched wire, you are likely fine to drive it home that may also allow you see if it does it when hitting a bump in the road or something or after it gets warmed up, etc.
you can also try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to essentially "reset" everything before you drive it back home.

OP
OP
B

bad_idea

Reaction score
Update. I drove the truck home after letting it set for ~4 hours (solely because we had other stuff to do in town). Truck started fine, drove fine, acted normal for the entire 50 mile drive. Got it home, shut it off, let it sit for 10 minutes, restarted (to simulate earlier conditions when she drove to town and went into the store). CEL is off, truck starts like normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts