p0420 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replace the cat, remember that it can still set a code for the first 100 miles or so after installation as it breaks in. Mine did it within just a few miles and has yet to come back but we're less than a week since doing both.

OP
OP
F

FinalBreath05

Reaction score
Replaced the cat today. Noticed a bit of a power gain. It doesn't run any smoother but I did get a P0137 code now.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bank one sensor two took a shit on ya. low circuit code. if you can scan for live data you'll see if its got activity or not.

if you never changed the o2's they could all use a changing as well. they dont last much more then 80,000 miles. after that they get lazy.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0137

or you can try clearing it and hope its just the new cat causing the code.

OP
OP
F

FinalBreath05

Reaction score
It has since then gone away and not come back, I did the work myself. I will scan it tomorrow and just see what the sensors are doing, but I have seen a huge improvement in performance and power as well as no more flashing check engine light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM