Overheating!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewlee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the heater valve break on the 99 hoe other day. Replaced that drove 30 miles home no prob. Now its overheating again only going few miles. I replaced the thermostat and put new coolant in. I've never seen it hit 210° before now. Any help?

note2

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u get the 195 tstat..? Burp the coolant system and top her off? Then full the resivrior..?

Any leaks..? Water pump working..? Heater core could possibly be clogged... Best bet woulda been to flush out the system... But no sense in going back now... Check for the above and report back...

OP
OP
andrewlee

andrewlee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know what thermostat I got told guy napa I needed one for 99 tahoe. I burped line. And toped off resivor.. how can I tell if pump is working?

note2

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the bypass line from the front of the intake into the water pump right?

OP
OP
andrewlee

andrewlee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dono?

note2

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I checked I did get the 195°

note2

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hose is the bypass, if it's blocked or missing you're gonna have a bad day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59