Our 2002 yukon carpet is wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a1machinista1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our yukon has been leaking the past couple weeks since the rains started. The drivers floor is pretty wet. So as soon as i find time i need to figure out were i should start looking????? Any ideas? Are these yukons noted for this problem?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I would check the weather stripping/seal around the drivers door. I can't think of anything else for the drivers side.

TALL00TAHOE

Reaction score
Do you hear any wind rushing in when you get up to speed? If so its more than likely a window seal, but that would more than likely be accompanied by a wet headliner or something you would notice. Unless it is in that top driver side corner then it may be running down the a-post pillar in between the pillar and the molding which could be bad because the fuse block is right in its path. My drivers side has been wet since i got it, my guess is the water is trapped in the padding under the carpet and when ever i wet-dry vac it up the carpet acts a sort of a sponge and soaks it up through. The only way to check that would be park it indoors, wet dry vac the carpet till its dry to the touch and let it set for a couple of days and see what happens, or pull the sill plate and see if you can lift the carpet enough to check under it. Hope this helps - good luck -

YukonJ

Reaction score
Could be a plugged sunroof drain!

I have a "wet" issue on my passenger side... how can i unplug the sunroof drain? I"m thinking this is my problem because the other day when it was raining I saw water dripping from somewhere up in the door pillar where the wires are.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are holes in each corner of the sunroof track, I've rigged up a drinking straw to an air compressor nozzle with some tape and used the straw to get in the hole and blow it out!! Might want to first open your sunroof and pour small amounts of water in each hole to see if you get water draining out at the bottom of your truck.

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know this is weeks old but did you happen to figure out what your problem was? Today when I entered the hoe to go to work I noticed the drivers side floor was wet along with the floor behind the drivers side was soaked.. I removed the seats up front and lifted the carpet, but I cant figure out where it may be coming out from.. Altho my heater has been acting up(think my heater could be leaking water out, but the passenger side upfront is dry..) Ill look further into it tomorrow and see what the problem could be..

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is rather late but I have seem to plugged up the leak(well my leak anyways, your may be different). My leak was coming from the rubber boot surrounding the e-brake cable going down the floor(next to the gas pedal) to the tranny.

I just opened it, cleaned it, and put down some rtv to seal it. So far so good, my truck has been outside in the rain and it's dry to the touch. :D

renteria772

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
driver side carpet wet

on mine, what happened was that, some how the seal on the driver's door (the one covering the cables from door to side wall.)got unpluged from side wall,so when it's raining or you are washing the truck,a little bit of water would run inside eventually filling inside wall and cousing it flow out to the carpet.Maybe even to the door sinse the gasket connects to the door but you don't noticed because the door has it own water drain.What I did is that I got a water hose and started pouring water on the wind shield,hold it with the wiper so you can go inside the truck to observe what's going on,move it to diferent positions until I could find the leak. Hope it helps anyone!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700