Options for 07 Yukon Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freenaz

Reaction score
the only negative I'm hearing is that with bluestar you lose your voice commands to the navigation. Trying to find out if this is true or not.

JNUTZ didn't see a response to your question so I checked the website and Costartech.com website disclaimer at the bottom says it does disable the voice command feature.

"COSTAR Technologies and the BLUESTAR product are not affiliated with OnStar LLC or General Motors LLC. Use of the BLUESTAR product disables the OnStar equipment in the vehicle so that none of its safety and security features will function, including emergency assistance, or voice control for naviagation if equipped. It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to advise subsequent owners of his vehicle that the OnStar system has been disabled."

OP
OP
J

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been online and I still haven't done anything in regards to the bluetooth.

But in the last few months I haven't used the voice controls for the Navi at all. I thought I would but nope.

I'm gonna have to look into getting the costar up and running.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered a new vcim from the dealer and the antenna. should be here today to install in my 08 yukon. ill post an update given that its a new vcim and not a used one out of an acadia or something. i heard that is whats giving the problem with reflashing the vcim to the new vehicle

OP
OP
J

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll know today if I have a bluestar on the way or not since it seems to be the cheapest way, but let me know how the vcim works out and how much everything ended up costing you.

OP
OP
J

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i didn't end up getting that bluestar, someone must have seen my post and jumped on Ebay real quick cause it was almost over and then the price jump way up. If you are the one who picked it up let me know how the install goes and how everything works out.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no definatley wasnt me. i work at an autobody shop and there was a 2010 silverado that totaled out. i hopped in there and took the vcim out of that truck and it had bluetooth and the antenna. so i didnt cost anything. only downside was that i had previously changed my headunit (single disc stock radio) to the oem navigation and i lost the voice commands. unfortunatley i had to switch out my headunits again to get the bluetooth to work. and everything is working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese