Opinions on JBA headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volfan84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when I had them on nbs there wasn't much difference, maybe a slight bit louder under the hood but otherwise not much difference at all really

I had them on my 08 5.3 and I could not tell a bit of difference with power or sound which is the main reason I wanted headers. I was already running a straight pipe and it wasn't loud at all. I finally got lt headers with ory and it sounded so badass. it even felt like it had more power but it was street tuned so I never had it on a dyno. imo, shorty headers are a waste of money especially if you are keeping the cats.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I had them on my 08 5.3 and I could not tell a bit of difference with power or sound which is the main reason I wanted headers. I was already running a straight pipe and it wasn't loud at all. I finally got lt headers with ory and it sounded so badass. it even felt like it had more power but it was street tuned so I never had it on a dyno. imo, shorty headers are a waste of money especially if you are keeping the cats.

Were they JBA's or just shortys in general???

volfan84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
to be honest, I don't remember. I wanna say they were jba's but not sure. I wouldn't put shorties on again tho. I have had pacesetter on that truck and now texas speed headers. both fit great but the texas speed headers are probably better quality. no much more expensive either

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have their ceramic coated shorty headers. I'll be honest I mainly purchased them for looks and some sound. I have no complaints about them at all.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have their ceramic coated shorty headers. I'll be honest I mainly purchased them for looks and some sound. I have no complaints about them at all.

I know you are more into Low/show than go but did you notice any difference in power or throttle response or MPG???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz