Operation Bigger Burban.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, It's settled...the burban is going up! My wife says she thinks is looks funny as low as it is and that she would feel better about driving it if I lifted it (no need to ask why I love her). So I showed her the RCX lift on a suburban and she said go for it.

What I am starting with:
Burban2.jpg

So here is the plan, this will start happening come the warm weather. Please feel free to chime in ideas.

So the following will be done:

1) RCX 6" lift with no crank so about 5" of lift I think is the actual drop of that kit
2) 16x8 or 16x10 wheel (thinking the ATX series)
3) 33x12.5 AT somethings
4) TruTrac out back
5) SS brake lines up front
6) while the exhaust is getting re-routed for the driveshaft I may have a muffler put on it too, something cheap but louder than stock
7) Black Bear tune

I think that is it for right now. I am not going to regear, this will never see anything but road. The running boards are staying also for the ease of getting the kids and her in and out.

EDIT: updated picture on page 9

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sick.. PLUS.. if she decides down the road later to get something smaller.. you are a body block , key crank and rear block upgrade away from a 9/8 lift and some 24s on 40s :)

lol

imma get you on a 24 if it kills me.. lol.. sounds **** man cant wait to see it

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Should look good!

I'd be happy to get the woman to drive a suv in the first place, much less letting me lift it!

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am excited to do this. She has only driven the burban once, but she did good. She won't drive the tahoe though...it scares her.

I think I can knock it out by myself in a weekend for the most part. The RCX kit is not too much. I think it comes out to $1,150 with a couple adders I am getting with teh basic kit. Add in some brake lines, I am at $1,250.00. Then tires and wheels, the locker I may hold off on for now, the lift and tires are more important. The 245s on there now make me laugh.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan you got there. Only thing missing is a 383 to match your Hoe!

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, It's settled...the burban is going up! My wife says she thinks is looks funny as low as it is and that she would feel better about driving it if I lifted it (no need to ask why I love her). So I showed her the RCX lift on a suburban and she said go for it.

So here is the plan, this will start happening come the warm weather. Please feel free to chime in ideas.

So the following will be done:

1) RCX 6" lift with no crank so about 5" of lift I think is the actual drop of that kit
2) 16x8 or 16x10 wheel (thinking the ATX series)
3) 33x12.5 AT somethings
4) TruTrac out back
5) SS brake lines up front
6) while the exhaust is getting re-routed for the driveshaft I may have a muffler put on it too, something cheap but louder than stock
7) Black Bear tune

I think that is it for right now. I am not going to regear, this will never see anything but road. The running boards are staying also for the ease of getting the kids and her in and out.

Didn't you say that a 285/75/16 would fit on a bone-stock Tahoe? Since that is the equivalent of a 33x11.5, why not do just a mild torsion crank with the 285's on the stock wheels for now? Even with a mild 1 1/2" crank, they should still clear the running boards, no?

You can always opt for new wheels at a later date, and/or the suspension lift if SHE wants it. As you said, she's afraid of the Tahoe - is it because of the power of the 383, or the ride height?

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
285 will fit now sure. I want the whole truck up taller though and it gives me the option to run bigger tires at any point. As for her being scared of the tahoe, not sure exactly what it is. Most likely because I love that truck is my guess.

On another note I had a friend call me last night to see if I want to buy his mojave ATX wheels, a 16x8 . So I will most likely grab them and get moving on this.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you post LOTS of pics of the progress :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978