Oil Pressure Gauge out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccole

Reaction score
Hello all.
My oil pressure gauge was fully pinned on 80psi for 3-4 days. It was time for an oil change so I went with my standard full synthetic. Since that time it has not functioned showing 0 psi. Prior to 0 psi the gauge would do the ignition power up where it swings to 80 then back to 0. Now it doesn’t move at all.
Any ideas? Sending unit, gauge, or ???
Recommend place to start?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Sensor at the very back of the motor near the firewall probably need replacing. My gauge did the same thing but it also had the check engine light on with a code.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sensor at the very back of the motor near the firewall probably need replacing. My gauge did the same thing but it also had the check engine light on with a code.

I'd suspect the sender, too. You might want to disconnect the sender wiring connections and see what the gauge does with it disconnected. However, once your hand has been back there to disconnect it, you might as well change out the sender. You'd be halfway there by then.

OP
OP
C

ccole

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ll grab one at advanced on my way home today. I hadn’t found time to pull code from my service light. I’ll report the results once I swap sending f units.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a screen in that truck below the oil pressure sensor? If yes, replace the screen, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezze77

Latest posts