Oil Percentage??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
Does anyone know what % the oil light comes on? My change oil sticker doesn't give a mileage for change but instead says to come in on the 1st oil light? Right now I am at 40% on the DIC.

Thanks...

-E

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let mine go all the way down to 5% before I think about changing my oil. That gives me enough time to stop being lazy and throw it up on the lift.

ajay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Be advised, On Star communicates oil life back to GM. If you have oil system related engine problems with a history of not making recommended oil changes you are leaving yourself open to a warranty dispute with GM.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would waiting till 5% be wrong? The oil life indicator is just that, an indicator to tell you how much oil life is left. So even if it's at 1%, you still have 1% remaining life.

And to answer the first poster, the truck will ding at you with a "CAHNGE OIL SOON" message, I think when it gets down to 10%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474