Oil life monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm losing my mind..I had seen an oil life monitor somewhere but now I cannot find it...was it only in the onstar app and now that my trial is over it's gone? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomerc154

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The oi life monitor is a selection within the instrument/information cluster on the dash. You'll have to browse through to find it...

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oi life monitor is a selection within the instrument/information cluster on the dash. You'll have to browse through to find it...

That's what I thought. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Weird.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to hide it? You can hide some of the screens so you don't have to scroll through them all.

boomerc154

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'll have to use the browser buttons on the steering wheel. You'll notice that browsing categories and selections will illustrate on both sides of the display, this you'll notice as you play with the browser buttons.

SIDE NOTE: The last time I took my 2015 Denali for an oil change, i inquired about the Oil Life display. The technician at the dealership told me that this particular display is more on the "Fancy" side of information than a reliable guide for oil change. He said that I could drive this vehicle on the Interstate for 80-100 miles and the display would show about 90-95% of life left; whereas if I drove it in the city, with all the stop and go, it would start showing 80-85%.... So, simply put, he suggested I'd follow the next recommended oil change mileage / date versus the oil life indicator....

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to use the browser buttons on the steering wheel. You'll notice that browsing categories and selections will illustrate on both sides of the display, this you'll notice as you play with the browser buttons.

SIDE NOTE: The last time I took my 2015 Denali for an oil change, i inquired about the Oil Life display. The technician at the dealership told me that this particular display is more on the "Fancy" side of information than a reliable guide for oil change. He said that I could drive this vehicle on the Interstate for 80-100 miles and the display would show about 90-95% of life left; whereas if I drove it in the city, with all the stop and go, it would start showing 80-85%.... So, simply put, he suggested I'd follow the next recommended oil change mileage / date versus the oil life indicator....
Yeah, I'll have to mess around with it. I'm pretty familiar with the menus and have yet to see one that 'hides' oil life monitor. Thanks

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Of course. They would like to have your money sooner than later. With 8 quarts of semi-Synthetic, you should be good for 7-8k miles under most conditions! Imagine the lawsuits if the oil life monitor is not reliable and an engine blows because it wasn't changed sooner than indicated on the oil life monitor?

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to mess around with it. I'm pretty familiar with the menus and have yet to see one that 'hides' oil life monitor. Thanks

It's there in the DIC, settings, options, hide pages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efdubs