Oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 12 , I’ve already switched to full synthetic about 8 changes ago. Im almost to 104km should I switch to high mileage oil or no

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine has had mobile 1 since birth, but I would only switch if you start seeing consumption or getting noisy lifters or some other logical reason, if it's not broke......

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
High milage has conditioners for gaskets /seals. I have read not to use it if you have no leaks, as it can cause swelling and create a problem that doesn't exist yet. That being said, I use it at 140,000. Been on it since about 115,000 with no prior leaks and no problems. My Blackstone report came back glowing last change. Mobil 1 high milage full synthetic.

OP
OP
Tim Quigley

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have a little bit of lifter noise , but myster oil cleared it up a lot. But no other issues

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put between 200-300K miles on my Chevy Caprices,Impalas,Tahoe and a Town Car. Never went to High Mileage oil and do not ever plan to. I just use Mobil 1 [AFE or EP] and whatever grade the vehicle calls for. I change out every 5K miles [which is probably overkill] but I sleep better at night doing it that way. I use AC Delco filters.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would only switch to a high-mileage oil if you're seeing high-mileage-related symptoms - leaks, excessive oil consumption, etc. I run high-mileage oil in my 2010 Wrangler with the 3.8 and 89k miles because it uses several quarts between changes. I do not use high-mileage oil in my Suburban with 185k miles, because it's never more than a quart low when I change the oil, and still runs perfectly.

If you want enough information on motor oil to make your head explode.....CLICKHERE

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon XL, and my oil change place wanted me to stop in on the 13th of December or 142,740 miles for my next oil change.
I'm sitting at 147,224 miles right now, and a couple weeks ago, I added a quart of oil.
The place I use, I have them use the synthetic blend oil. It's not even the high mileage stuff.

I've never used high millage oil, and I usually do my oil changes about ever 7k miles. I'll it changed more often if I'm working the truck harder, or if its a within a couple of K miles of needing it and I'm going to be taking a long trip with it.

I've done this with all my vehicles and never had engine problems related to how often I changed the oil.

YMMV.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always run Mobile 1 Sync, and I general change to High Mileage when I hit over 100k. Although, I generally don't keep my vehicles much past 130k, so weather it makes a difference I can't really say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz