OffRoad Tires/Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiediver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put on a set of Continental TerrainContact A/Ts about a month ago and have been very happy with them.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a lifted 09 Tahoe. It is a HYBRID - LOL. Factory was a special Hybrid wheel with special low rolling resistance tires P265/65R18. The previous owner did a 3.5" Body lift / 10 x 20 Mayhem 8106 Hatchet wheels / Nitto Grappler EXO LT215/65R20. The tires do clear everything (barely on the front) without any rubbing. Very little road noise from the Nittos which is surprising with the big lug tire design. Trying to figure out a suitable tire pressure, currently running 40psi.............. I am getting a dash stabilitrac blinking yellow light on hard turns at speed. I am not sure if that is because of the lift or if the GM Tahoe Stabilitrac system is just real sensitive? From what i have read the yellow blinking just indicates that the stabilitrac system is active/functioning and reacting to an unsafe condition, probably to correct my bad driving? or maybe it is absolutely saving me from disaster each time Hahahahahaha. Anyway here is a picture. I think the lift/wheels and tires do make for an interesting look. Still getting over 17 mpg avergae over the last 2000 miles that I have driven it. So I guess the lift/wheels and tires have not killed the gas mileage too badly, just tempered it a little I guess. "Pimp My Ride" all I need now is some of that thar underbody lighting............boy 2009 Tahoe Hybrid.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he was talking about hybrid tires like the Toyo R/T Nitto Ridge Grappler BFG KO2 Falken ATW

Never heard the term applied to tires before. What will marketing think of next? Not sure what is hybrid about a KO2?

...will 17's clear our brakes? Im thinking of a set of 17 inch wheels

Yep, I run factory 17s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar