Odd rattle/chatter at certain speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a little help on this and hopefully someone else has had the same issue because I’m lost.

Details; 2012 Escalade Premium, 6.2L, AWD, mileage is 55K (I got it at 42K), recently installed new front and rear shocks and lowered the rear 3” with the Beltech kit, trans and transfer case fluids changed at the dealership 2 months ago, new tires put on 3 weeks ago.

Issue;
I’m getting a rattle/chatter underneath from what sounds like the firewall to middle of the truck (too hard to tell) at certain speeds like 20,30 and possibly 45-50 but can’t hear it too well at higher speeds due to road noise. It sounds like a heat shield rattle but I’ve been under the truck and can’t find anything loose. The sound goes away when letting off the gas and I can only hear it under light to moderate acceleration. When I floor it or accelerate harder all I hear is the exhaust and an odd dash rattle (not the same rattle, just crap in the glove box). It’s not a loud rattle but I know it’s there which is starting to drive me nuts. I don’t feel any driveline vibration or shaking, there’s no clunk when changing gears or accelerating, there’s no constant drone or grinding (I was thinking front hubs but that would be more constant, right?).
I’ve tugged on and looked at every heat shield I can find and I’m not getting anything. I looked at all the exhaust manifold bolts and can’t see anything out of place but I don’t think it’s exhaust related because it only does it when in gear.
Like I said, I’m lost and feel like I’m chasing a ghost rattle.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just asking the first thing that came to mind since you don’t feel anything loose anywhere, what gas are you using? Sure its not pinging(detonation)?

OP
OP
Smrtss1

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always use high octane from BP, Shell, Citgo or Mobil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be your cats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93