octane booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK first things first. What mods are you running that require high octane fuel, first of all? Tune?

Well I have a flashpaq 91 octane tune. and the gas round her is not that good so I started using octane booster. Got the NOS cause it was $15. tried it out and I noticed a big difference! i used it cause with the tune it goes thru gas even more, and it help out on my mileage real good.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured you had a tuner of some type. I know I'm beating the official TYF dead horse by saying this...but sell the flashpaq and get a Black Bear tune. You'll see excellent gains in both power AND fuel economy without having to use that stuff.

I went from a mixed city/hwy average of 13.5 mpg up to an average of about 17 now, thanks to a BBP 91 octane tune and fixing a minor air intake leak. Best I've gotten mixed city/hwy was 18.8, AND thats with my truck being leveled front and rear running 285s. I don't care who you are, a gain of 5.3mpg is ******* awesome. I'm taking a road trip out to CA next week for vacation and I'll be installing an AEM Brute Force before we leave, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much the mileage goes up. I'm really hoping to kiss the 20mpg mark.

Last edited:

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured you had a tuner of some type. I know I'm beating the official TYF dead horse by saying this...but sell the flashpaq and get a Black Bear tune. You'll see excellent gains in both power AND fuel economy without having to use that stuff.

I went from a mixed city/hwy average of 13.5 mpg up to an average of about 17 now, thanks to a BBP 91 octane tune and fixing a minor air intake leak. Best I've gotten mixed city/hwy was 18.8, AND thats with my truck being leveled front and rear running 285s. I don't care who you are, a gain of 5.3mpg is ******* awesome. I'm taking a road trip out to CA next week for vacation and I'll be installing an AEM Brute Force before we leave, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much the mileage goes up. I'm really hoping to kiss the 20mpg mark.

+1, i got the 91 octane tune and it definitely helped out in power and mileage

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We only use it when we get a tank of crappy gas. It will alleviate the pinging.

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plan on getting the black bear tune ans soon as I finish my performance mods, belive me its coming! But until then just wanted to know if this was a biggie. I cant wait until I get the tune. but i must say the flashpaq tune is a BIG upgrade from stock. I do almost 90mph everywhere I go( I know I need to quit but its so fun) with ease now and 24's. but still cant wait to get the BB tune.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you ever tried Zmax??

Yes, dont waste your money. I use no additives anymore, as most of them are scams. I just seafoam every now and then.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

buying 91 or higher gas octane compared to 87 takes your 5 miles away tho

But the truck drives light years better now, the difference is night and day. The higher fuel costs are negligible, and the performance is worth it to me. I'm still basically breaking even on fuel costs AND have the performance to boot. I'm cool w/ that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYone