OBS 1st Timer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
I've already posted a few questions around but I suppose I should introduce myself a little....

So, the impracticality of my Jeep had finally gotten to me after 4 years. I'm in upstate NY and my driveway has a 30*grade at one point so I needed something capable. I also needed something that can tow my Buick Grand National if I choose to (that wasn't gonna happen w/ a Jeep). In my search, I come across a black 1999 Yukon SLT 4x4 with 43k miles (got my attention). A buddy of mine never stops talking about his old 2 door (which is long gone unfortunately) so I figured it was worth a look. After seeing solid shape and pushing it around in a test drive, I took this beauty home.

Now, my schedule hasn't permitted me to really dig into it yet not even for some good pics but I should be able to here pretty soon.

In the mean time, I've been absorbing as much info and learning the lingo about these trucks and the L31 as possible by lurking around the forum, searching and browsing.

Like my GN forum this is a trove of information and I look forward to learning and contributing where I can.

-Greg. [emoji12]

uploadfromtaptalk1441164199738.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
43K? holy cow that's awesome. If you plan on keeping it, I would definitely do the intake gaskets at some point, before they fail. I doubt they would fail with that few miles on it, but they will at some point. The MPFI conversion is another good thing to do while in there. Also with that few miles, the CSFI system is probably fine but while just one of those things to do while you're there.

OP
OP
Czykats44

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
43K? holy cow that's awesome. If you plan on keeping it, I would definitely do the intake gaskets at some point, before they fail. I doubt they would fail with that few miles on it, but they will at some point. The MPFI conversion is another good thing to do while in there. Also with that few miles, the CSFI system is probably fine but while just one of those things to do while you're there.
The plan is to drive it as long as I can, which with 43k, should be quite a while.
I've been reading about the spider injector and intake, they will be part of preventative maintenance here over the next year or so.

I'll get some pictures in this thread when I can clean it up some.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God that thing is gorgeous , The other day me and the wife were talking about how I miss the way mine used to look (like yours) . I would love for you to sell me it :)

And welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
Czykats44

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
Thanks Donnie. No plans on selling, the more I drive it the more that Lazy Boy drivers seat beckons me.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very clean ride... welcome aboard we're glad you found us.

OP
OP
Czykats44

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to some better pics. After clay bar-ing the top and hood, a compounding then polish then and waxing (my arm is toast I only used the buffer for the some waxing).

I've fixed all the little plastic shit that was broken like ebrake release handle and radio buttons. The fuel filler neck intermediate filler pipe was a sucky job but is now 100%

Waiting on new light assemblies for the front (in the mail) and a set of 2015 wheels and tire "take offs" coming soon [emoji41]
6ae6afc3f448585ebd3edfebf8adae33.jpg

a4f226ba37a44d4450dbb559f43e2b3d.jpg

1ad1806c1a0b0686847f977974385e82.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman