O2 sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clark59

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'99 tahoe 4wd 4-door

I just installed pacesetter long tube headers with egr and O2 sensors. From there I want to route it similar to how the factory setup was, having the driver side pipe go under the trans. Because they are longtube they dont leave any room for a cat on the driver side and still be able to cross over to the passenger side under the trans. My idea is once both pipes meet on the passenger side they will merge into a single quality cat.

My question is, am I able to have a single O2 after the cat or will I have to have 2 O2's.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
down steam O2 sensors read cat efficiency so I don't see why u need 2 and could prob wire 1 to work, but ive never try'd it. I just had both of mine tuned out.

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pacesetters too and stock o2 wiring works fine. And you could probably run a single cat with 1 rear sensor and have the other tuned out so you won't throw engine light.

I had exhaust shop weld me up a good exhaust that is routed just like stock but with no mufflers or cats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA