normal Coolant temp: not using cluster gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've seen several threads regarding what is normal coolant temp for our rigs, but seems like everyone is referencing the cluster gauge temp which I have been told can be pretty inaccurate. I ran my 02 Yuk on a 116 degree day recently, stop and go traffic. My cluster temp gauge reads a tic below 210 (210 being the exact middle), the whole time but my torque app slowly climbed to 218. AT that point I turned off the ac and it slowly went back down to 208, then got moving again and turned on ac and while cruising it stays around 203.
Curious what others think is the normal "true" operating normal temp for these vehicles. I've read 190-220 degrees, for general engine design, but not sure if that applies to us. BTW, I have stock fan, water pump is 3 years old (got 177k miles now) , hoses about 4 years old, resevoir cap 3 year old.
Appreciate any input! (in the manual, it says normal operating temp for tranny is 180-200, but curious I didn't find the range for engine coolant)

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
My temp gauge says 210 but with a scan tool I'm @ 194

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts