Noisy IAC, No start; fuel, IAC, or?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Got new cap and rotor and I have had instant fire every crank! Got rid of one screen in the distro so lets hope like hell all is good!

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
hi-res pics of inside old cap?

Old was deff corroded, but assumed I had cleaned it well enough considering how well it ran when it did run and how long it would take to build that much corrosion up.

It was pretty much spotless when I took it out and had no effect before or after.

New cap and rotor I can tell it starts way better than any of the previous run scenarios.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the corrosion might have eaten into the conductor legs. the only real flaws i see in these engines is the dizzy cross firing cap and the old style injectors. everything else is great.

no burnt material of sorts, noticeable cracking or arcing?

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
the corrosion might have eaten into the conductor legs. the only real flaws i see in these engines is the dizzy cross firing cap and the old style injectors. everything else is great.

no burnt material of sorts, noticeable cracking or arcing?

I agree. I cannot fathom why they redesigned an injection system from scratch while MUCH better injectors have been available for years.

All I could really tell was crazy massive corrosion; not much else.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mainly to minimize part size and less complication. unfortunately the injection system just didn't work in the long run. gm even extended the injector warranty to 10y or 100k miles which was very generous of them considering the fact that there were hundreds of thousands of that engine out there. besides they like any car maker has to try new things and put them out in the field to see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667