Noise Cancellation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone experience the feeling of needing to clear your ears sometimes from the active noise canceling system? It seems to happen mostly when foot is off the break and gas and truck is downshifting. 2015 Yukon Denali

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leased a 2015 Yukon SLE Thanksgiving weekend. I have had the thumping/interior pressure issue that has been mentioned in this forum. It has now been at the dealer for 8 days. I've spoken to the tech on two different occasions and he is at a loss. They have not been able to contact GM tech assistance due to the Christmas/New Years holiday. He did tell me that there is a service bulletin on the Noise Canceling mic, that didn't work. He was going to take the headliner down to check the roof struts today. They have thrown a different set of wheels/tires on it, checked the alignment, suspension, etc. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions that I can give to the tech, please let me know. Its a 7/2014 build date, 5.3L, SLE with 20" polished wheels, no moonroof or roof rack cross members. It has running boards and the dealer installed Leather seats and the chrome accessory kit on it before I leased it.

OP
OP
P

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to start a thread and then bail. It seems that there is another thread and now a bulletin out on this issue. My brother in law designs chips for these types of noise canceling systems. When I described to him my concern about the pressure feeling, he said it absolutely could be with the Noise Canceling system because of the low frequencies that they produce. I have not had this looked at but continue to have the problem. This has been a very expensive mistake.

Will someone please explain the whole 2015d vs 2015i to me.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
The 2015D as it is now coined was built before Oct. 2014.

The 2015i is the 2015.5, or those built after October 2014. The difference would be wireless charging, foot swipe rear open and the 8-speed trans.

And apparently the pressure issue...

:hmmm2:

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope ... the 'pressure' issue experienced by some included pre-October '14 builds.

Phil ... reference to the bulletin you mentioned please.

Jake01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2015D as it is now coined was built before Oct. 2014.

The 2015i is the 2015.5, or those built after October 2014. The difference would be wireless charging, foot swipe rear open and the 8-speed trans.

And apparently the pressure issue...

:hmmm2:

Also wi-fi in 2015i and no 8 speed tranny in the Tahoes yet.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Yes sir he referenced that he had a Denali however so I wasn't optioning the Tahoe with regards to the 8spd

It is my understanding that the pressure issue does not exist in the 2015i as it pertains to the roof liner deal however from the looks/sounds of it the Active Noise System may be causing an issue.

OP
OP
P

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, I have not seen the bulletin, I was just referencing the other thread on this issue talking about the pressure issue. I was more making the point that I thought I was crazy when I posted back in August that I was having this sensation and that it could be NC system but now its being talked about quite a bit here and by the guys on GM-T.

Mine is a Denali 2015d. And thank you for the explanation.

I'm pulling my NC wire from the amp to the sub this weekend and will report back on if it made a difference in the pressure sensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy