No Sound from Rear Door Speakers 96 Yuke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShotgunShells

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The speakers have been dead since I got the 96 Yukon a few weeks ago . I was having a ground issue with the very rear speakers and it was killing the whole sound system when I hit a bump just right. I replaced all 6 factory speakers with Memphis Audio ones and the rear door ones are still dead. I put a new JVC CD player in there and all 4 of the other speakers work. I was wondering if anyone knew the colors of the rear door speakers so maybe I can just test them from the CD unit. There are no signs of anyone tinkering with the wires in the dash or the doors. I know it's not that big of a deal but I am picky, if it's on the vehicle I think it should be working....just my thing.

Also, if anyone is interested in the factory cassette and cd player units I would make you a great deal on them. I know they are expensive to replace.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so they worked when you hit a bump, and now don't? Does it have an amp? Or just HU power?

mburns5us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when u put in the headunit did you hook the blue wire that was my problem when I put mine hu in.

upgrayedd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i recently went throught the same issue in my truck, and after thinking about it i dont think i hooked up the blue wire either. i ended up hooking up an amp and ran speaker wire to every speaker. the rear doors still posed a big problem. i couldn't get the pillar covers off between the doors. so i traced the wires to the front kick panel on either side and connected the speaker wire to my amp. i believe that the driver side back door was green and like a light tan, while the passenger side was red and like a light grey. my truck is a 98 yukon, i dont know if there is a difference in the wiring. the best way to tell if you go this route is to use a voltmeter and check continuity between the wire in the door and the wires behind the kick panel.
oh.. the kick panel on the passengers side is fairly obvious because there is only a few wires, but the drivers side has like 3 different harnesses. a volt meter is very very useful. and always be sure before you cut.

OP
OP
ShotgunShells

ShotgunShells

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so they worked when you hit a bump, and now don't? Does it have an amp? Or just HU power?

No, the rear door speakers didn't work with the factory unit or the new one I put it, one of the very rear ones voice coil was grounding out causing the whole audio to go mute.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

why don't you just hot wire them to the speakers in the passenger row?

I think I may try that if I can figure which ones they are in the dash.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

when u put in the headunit did you hook the blue wire that was my problem when I put mine hu in.

If you are talking about the power antenna/remote wire then yes I did hook it up.

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
If you connected the blue wire on the wiring harness to the remote turn on lead on the aftermarket deck, and they didn't work with the factory deck, it sounds like the factory amp is blown. I don't know where it is though :lol:

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
it's under driver seat . and that little amp is a low pass filter

amp for the rear doors and i wouldn't use it on them memphis
spkrs . just run new wire to them from the radio or your new
amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo