No heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flushed it out and added about 2 1/2 gallons when I checked the coolant level I could see some in there
Well theres your problem. Your coolant overflow tank has a fill mark on the side. If it isnt full then fill it. If it goes back down then you have a leak in the coolant system. Once your coolant level gets so low your heater core will get very little coolant if any and without coolant in the heater core you will have no heat. Common leak point is T fitting and couplers at the heater core nipple and hose.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Update.....it's been a while but I performed a total of 3 heater core flushes. The first 2 did nothing then I realized I needed to back flush it. A rather generous amount of pebbles/rocks came out... Heats blowing at 165° now, compared to 65°
Yep next time just grab the heater core hoses if 1 is cold and 1 is hot thats your problem blocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo