No heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkostop

Reaction score
So my 01 Tahoe's heat recently stopped working after a road trip, right when I turn it on, it blows hot for maybe 10 seconds then goes cold, any ideas?

OP
OP
nkostop

nkostop

Reaction score
My coolant level is fine, it's odd, heat works somewhat under load, but not at idle

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be thermostat suck open or a problem in the HVAC like malfunctioning blend door. Whats your temp gauge show when its blowing heat and then when its not?

OP
OP
nkostop

nkostop

Reaction score
Temp gauge is almost always just below 210, doesn't change after warmed up

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have automatic climate control or manual knobs? Im leaning towards a hvac system problem. A quick and dirty would be setting your controls to max heating and use an infrared thermometer to measure the inlet and outlet temp of heater core. When you have a no heat problem im curious what the temp measurements at the inlet and outlet are at the heater core.

OP
OP
nkostop

nkostop

Reaction score
Update.....it's been a while but I performed a total of 3 heater core flushes. The first 2 did nothing then I realized I needed to back flush it. A rather generous amount of pebbles/rocks came out... Heats blowing at 165° now, compared to 65°

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have automatic climate control or manual knobs? Im leaning towards a hvac system problem. A quick and dirty would be setting your controls to max heating and use an infrared thermometer to measure the inlet and outlet temp of heater core. When you have a no heat problem im curious what the temp measurements at the inlet and outlet are at the heater core.
I’m having the same problem but my defrost doesn’t work to. Both of th heater inlet/outlets were cold after a 40 min drive and operating at the right temperature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission