No 2WD option Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon and have been wondering why there is no 2wd option for this vehicle as I can put it in 4x4 or 4x4 low. Just curious what are the benefits of this vs. the Tahoe 2WD option. After pulling apart my rear to repair my backing plates the person helping me told me I had a posi rear and i'm not sure if this has anything to do with what I am talking about. Also would there be a way to convert the 4x4 and add the 2WD option to this vehicle. Just curious as I have been searching this topic with little information.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take a picture of your 4x4 selector? I've never seen one that doesn't have a 2WD option. The Denali's were/are full time AWD, but they don't have a selector, there's no Low range option for them. Just always-on AWD.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should look like this. If it's something different, someone maybe put the wrong switch in it.

standard.jpg[img]

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same in m '03 Yukon. Do you have an owner's manual for your truck? My owner's manual specifies that we have the AWD model with Stabilitrack based on the switch.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well lookie there. I actually wouldn't hate having a low range in my Yukon....

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an awd model no 2wd selectable .my buddy had a 04 that had same selector and it was awd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
It's an awd model no 2wd selectable .my buddy had a 04 that had same selector and it was awd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My 05 tahoe is the same.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645