Nnbs lift gate appliques

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the lift gate appliques are interchangeable from a tahoe to a denali?
I dont like the tahoe symbol on the rear and want to use the denali or yukon applique instead. Would it match up or is it a slightly different shape?

Here is what I want
91c63d09d3cfc89d2838c7ce895e8994.jpg

Phil DeVtec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, they are interchangeable, but it is difficult to do. The shapes are different. I actually like the Tahoe's lines better.

NathanJax did it like 4 times, I believe, but I heard it's pretty difficult.

There is a thread around here.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Gotcha, I did read from that thread that they bust easy, just dont want the tahoe symbol there.
I figured the lines would be off but not sure how much. Hmmm. Might not even be worth it....thanks!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yukon and Tahoe are slightly different. I think it's Fiatdale's thread where he showed the Yukon one is a little more curved. They are interchangeable. I swapped Jacobs burban one for a Yukon one when I was up there and yeah I've done mine like 3 or 4 (or 5) times

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Hmm ill see if I can find one cheap. Been wanting to do this for a looong time, just never got around to it

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find out a good place would you let me know. I'm gonna have to paint my tailgate and don't want to paint it with it in there and am pretty sure I'll break the old one trying to get it off.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is taking them apart, (at least on mine) they used thread locker, and the thread locker locked the nuts on the part so well that it just broke the plastic and began to spin inside the part.

I broke mine completely off, and then glued the screws back into the unit with plastic epoxy like studs before I put it back together... All this to change the darn backup camera. I used a spot of silicone for the threads to keep them from backing out, and have not had a problem after 6 months.

Just an FYI

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case you're still looking, I bought this one off eBay. It's the cheapest price out there and it's brand new: http://www.ebay.com/itm/370943967629

Although the description says it comes with the emblem, it doesn't.

I'm planning on doing the same thing. Don't like the emblem and like the Yukon applique better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts