Nickel plated slip yoke.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sesco4

Reaction score
Im having issues with the CLUNK in my 07 GMC Yukon. My question is where is the best place to order a new nickel plated slip yoke from.

OP
OP
S

Sesco4

Reaction score
If I have this in the wrong section mods please move it to where I will get some replays. Thanks

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clunk in yoke

lube the inside and outside splines liberally with: copper,nickel-based never seize, end of clunk almost forever, if it clunks again repeat and that is it=floep=

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fort Wayne clutch. You will need the part number from your drive shaft

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
lube the inside and outside splines liberally with: copper,nickel-based never seize, end of clunk almost forever, if it clunks again repeat and that is it=floep=

How long has yours gone without producing the clunk? I've learned to live with mine but if it's a cheap fix I'm game

OP
OP
S

Sesco4

Reaction score
Everything I have read says not to use grease on 4X4's due to the grease contaminating the transfer case fluid. I dont want to cause more problems.

mudd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I stumbled across this fix for GM truck as it seems its not only an issue for Tahos and Yukans . After doing some research that is somewhat different from replacing the yoke. They are claiming its actually from Axle wrap it seems. The guys are having 100% success by adding leaf spring clamps 6" in front of the axle u-bolts and its only a $20 fix. In the pic this guy even added shims in between each leaf but most did not.

Note, this is only if you have a Leaf Spring rear suspension. Hope this helps someone out with a G.M. truck with a Leaf rear susp.

leaf_zpsbq124hgf.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

If someone wants I can PM you the direct link to where I found the info.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz