New Yukon XL 2500 member from NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone figured I'd introduce myself. I'm new to this forum but have been around GM forums for over a decade... everything since the good ol days of CTW to gm-trucks, FSC, and GMFS.

I started with a 2005 silverado that ended up with about 8" lift and 36" tires (with some strategic trimming of course). Then moved on into a 2008 Sierra Denali that had a mild lift with 33s... loved that truck but didn't love the payment; traded it in after my 2nd kid was born.

I took a few year hiatus from the GM world as my 07 Jeep Commander w/5.7L took over the "truck" duties and split that family hauling duties with the minivan we bought while my wife was pregnant with our 4th kid (not a typo, that’s 4). My oldest (boy) turns 7 in November, and my three daughters recently turned 5, 3 and 1.

So what am I doing here? Well, the Commander is great for taking the family offroad at the local 4x4 parks, but not so great for pulling a travel trailer or going on a long vacation to 4x4 access OBX with a family of 6. Our last trip to OBX included only 2 kids and the Commander packed to its gills, including a loaded roof rack and cargo trailer off the back! So last week I came home with an 8 seater 2012 Yukon XL 2500 SLT. Plans are for a mild lift, 4-5", with a nice set of tires, 33-34". Just enough to handle anything the beach or snow can throw at it, and not too much to make towing a small travel trailer cumbersome.

In the process of spec'ing out my lift/wheels/tires and a few exterior modification options to clean up the look and 'make it my own'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33