New Tranny ... Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that is what I am saying...as far as a reference, I guess you'll be cool...but like I said I purchased the 4L60e WAKE UP KIT and some more parts accumulator....Super Servo...etc. And my Transmission looked like a grenade went off in it! As to why I am now purchasing a new Transmission from finishline.

More power to ya, it looks like a great tranny :waytogo:

My personal fave which is going in my Jetstar 88, is this one from TCI rated at 800hp:

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/6x/#thumb

When you see the crazy $6k price, realize they include the following in the package which is a cooler and almost everything you need minus the GM engine of course :) :

*TCI® Transmission Control Unit 377500
*TCI® Paddle Shifter With Gear Display 301442
*TCI® GM Wiring Harness For TCI® Transmission Control Unit 377502
*Transmission Cooler 9 7/8” x 11” x ¾” 824104
*Max Shift™ Performance Transmission Fluid (3 Gallons) 950600
*GM 4L80E Locking Dipstick

B O S S

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this bad boy put in after blowing up 3 built 4l65's. http://www.gearstar.net/transmissions/more.php?unid=65

With the weight of my truck, how much power its making, and how I drive it the 4l65's were no match. I actually like how the 4l85e is for me. It holds the gears longer. I didn't see much of a performance loss. When I changed it I increased the boost from 7psi to 10psi and still made more power than I was making with the 4l65 and the truck is a lot faster now.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had this bad boy put in after blowing up 3 built 4l65's. http://www.gearstar.net/transmissions/more.php?unid=65

With the weight of my truck, how much power its making, and how I drive it the 4l65's were no match. I actually like how the 4l85e is for me. It holds the gears longer. I didn't see much of a performance loss. When I changed it I increased the boost from 7psi to 10psi and still made more power than I was making with the 4l65 and the truck is a lot faster now.

That thing is a monster! Where do you live..... LOL!

B

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is a monster! Where do you live..... LOL!

B

Ha this thing seems like its a beast so far. I have been purposely trying to shake out any weaknesses and so far it hasn't flinched. I've been doing 2wd and 4wd burnouts, very hard launches, towing my boat around and hitting the gas hard while towing, nothing so far has given it any troubles. With the other tranmission these tests made them fail and break. I've got my fingers crossed that this is the last tranmission I'll need until I crack 1000hp if I ever do.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha this thing seems like its a beast so far. I have been purposely trying to shake out any weaknesses and so far it hasn't flinched. I've been doing 2wd and 4wd burnouts, very hard launches, towing my boat around and hitting the gas hard while towing, nothing so far has given it any troubles. With the other tranmission these tests made them fail and break. I've got my fingers crossed that this is the last tranmission I'll need until I crack 1000hp if I ever do.

No doubt. Another reason I always say 80e. Im another 1 of those people who says built 60 or 65es are crap in a heavy vehicle that puts out torque and good horsepower. 6.0,TVS2300, 80e is a COMBO for life! Do you have pics of your crossmember when they did the 80e swap? Im ready to pull my 65e and put it up for sale while its still good.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt. Another reason I always say 80e. Im another 1 of those people who says built 60 or 65es are crap in a heavy vehicle that puts out torque and good horsepower. 6.0,TVS2300, 80e is a COMBO for life! Do you have pics of your crossmember when they did the 80e swap? Im ready to pull my 65e and put it up for sale while its still good.

I don't have any pics from the conversion. Next time its up on a lift I will try to get some shots for you, but hopefully it wont need to be on a lift anytime soon.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like MOB's idea better.....

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae

Latest posts