New To Me 98 Tahoe, Green

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foot0069

Reaction score
The door pns aren't really that bad. I recommend a hard surface, concrete or pavement. You will need patience and a buddy. A rolling floor jack and a block of wood to support it. A door spring compressor as well. Plenty of you tube videos to watch first. These folks sell the best door pin sets after a bunch of research. I used cheap ones on my 97 K1500 and they were junk quickly.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to trash the other guy's dream or get lost in the random thread

My Green thing came from Spokane with a few more miles (80K is a few). I only paid 4K and got two more doors.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SES light on again. Posted about it once before, but can't find that post right now. Runs and drives fine though.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SES light on again. Posted about it once before, but can't find that post right now. Runs and drives fine though.
Can you check for codes? O2 sensors on these trucks get torched after many miles in service. Mine would always throw a code when i went on trips with large elevation changes.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Code is P201, P204? ( I forget now) something about a small vacuum leak. They reset it and no light for weeks, but it comes back eventually.

----------------

Turned the key this morning ... starter spun free, not engaged. Never did that before.

Second try, it engaged and started fine.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I aired the tire up ....

Stern has a slight list to starboard.

View attachment 416396

That's about as flat as a tire can get. Not fun. Aired it up and will see how long it holds. Hopefully I'll be able to drive it to a shop because I really don't want to deal with it here. The two fronts are low too, but nothing like that.

Not looking forward to buying new shoes either.

... and let it sit for two days. No sign of air loss again. Drove it 60-70 miles into town and back. It's been sitting for another couple of days. Still no sign of air loss.

????

----

And the code referenced above is P 0442.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or again yesterday.

How can it only leak or go flat so rarely? Penetrated object wiggling and sometimes sealing? Valve stem intermittent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts