New to me 2003 Yukon xl 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ultravorx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a 2003 yukon xl 1500 slt.

Got it from original owner with aboiht 150k miles. It was siitting for about 5 months before he sold it to me for $1800.

On my way home engine and tranny ran great with no leaks anywhere underneath. Although some panels are rusted pretty good. Basically around the fenders.

The one issue I had is a message to service stability popped on. And got the tc and abs lights on. Then the left front abs kept kicking on when slowing down. When starting, I'd get reduced power due to stability.

I believe All this points to the abs sensor needing cleaning or replacement.

Any thing else it could be or is it most likely the sensor?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't have an answer to your question, but welcome. Post up some pics. We're a bunch of visual guts around here!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, yes ive read that somewhere...doesnt cost anything to clean it and see whats up. But if you are taking things apart the sensors are cheap enough to buy and replace....

OP
OP
U

Ultravorx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pulled the abs fuse and it did did the abs kicking in. But still got the service stability with traction control kicking in when starting.

I deecided to disconnect the drivers front abs sensor and no more traction control kicking in. So narrowed it down to that wheel.

I'll try to clean the sensor, if it didn't work I'll replace it.

20171013_170238.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts