New to me 07 Tahoe LS with 5.3l few issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geauxturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Service engine light popped on. Its the gas cap code. The evap can solenoid was replaced just before purchase. I'll try a gas gap. Reset the codes or will it go off quickly if thats the fix?

Tire monitors need replacing. Already learned em good twice. Guessing batteries have reached their end. Whats a good brand to get?

There is an annoying rattle/squeek under the steering column coming from the kick panel. Anyone have this and fix it?

Other than that, all is good :)

OP
OP
G

Geauxturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured out the rattle/squeek. There is a metal plate attached to the kick pannel (knee panel or whatever you call it). Its held on with molded plastic rivets. They werent tight. So, I superglued spacers made from faux cork between the metal and plastic. No more squeek rattle.

hiles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good work! Hope you'll like the car, i'm super happy with mine.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tire monitors need replacing. Already learned em good twice. Guessing batteries have reached their end. Whats a good brand to get?

What do you mean "batteries"? There are no batteries for those sensors. I'd just order new ones from the dealership but would have them try to set them for you real quick(should be free) before ordering. The 07's can be a PITA to "re-learn" and the dealership has a tool.

OP
OP
G

Geauxturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you mean "batteries"? There are no batteries for those sensors. I'd just order new ones from the dealership but would have them try to set them for you real quick(should be free) before ordering. The 07's can be a PITA to "re-learn" and the dealership has a tool.

Pretty sure there are batteries molded into the sensor. How else would they transmit a signal? The process for retraining wasnt difficult, it just keeps coming back as a tire monitor malfunction later down the highway.

@superchargedss. Thanks for the link!

OP
OP
G

Geauxturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My luck. Not a bad gas cap or evap canister/solenoid. Iys the tank pressure sensor. Gotta drop the tank and I let the dealership do that one. $550 to get that blazing orange light to go off. But can't get a brake tag with it on, so dropped the cheddar this morning.

Belt tensioner was weak. Replaced that and the AC belt

Adventure Ed (what the kids named the Tahoe) is going to back to new by 3:00 PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420