New-to-me 02 Tahoe with some problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Potch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you doing fronts, too?

I had already bought new front wheel hubs, rotors, and pads for the front.

After pricing rear calipers, I'm tempted to return the hubs (~ $200)...

I'm thinking I'll get everything to square away the rear (where the bad rotor was), and get the rest of the stuff for the front when I have the extra money. It would be a pretty big kick in the balls to get both right now if I end up not returning the front hubs.

Steel lines and calipers for the rear for what I'm looking at are ~ $196.
Steel lines and calipers for the front ~ $206.

P

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I had already bought new front wheel hubs, rotors, and pads for the front.

After pricing rear calipers, I'm tempted to return the hubs (~ $200)...

I'm thinking I'll get everything to square away the rear (where the bad rotor was), and get the rest of the stuff for the front when I have the extra money. It would be a pretty big kick in the balls to get both right now if I end up not returning the front hubs.

Steel lines and calipers for the rear for what I'm looking at are ~ $196.
Steel lines and calipers for the front ~ $206.

P

Yeah, TYF is pretty good at spending each other's money, lol. I couldn't remember what you did with the front. Do you know about the NNBS upgrade?

OP
OP
P

Potch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know about the NNBS upgrade?

The extent of what I think I know about NNBS is that it stands for "new new brake system" and pulls front brake systems off of newer models. From what I read, the rear system on my range year of Tahoe is better than the newer model years.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The extent of what I think I know about NNBS is that it stands for "new new brake system" and pulls front brake systems off of newer models. From what I read, the rear system on my range year of Tahoe is better than the newer model years.
True. 07 up(don't remember to what year) has bigger front rotors and calipers, but our rear brakes are bigger. Nice little upgrade. Pm sent @Potch

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Bingo was his name-o. If you hadn't already done the fronts, and were buying rotors and calipers, it's a negligible budgetary difference to get the bigger ones for an NNBS (new, new body style, 07-14). The catch being that you need 17+" wheels. You are correct about our rears being better already.

OP
OP
P

Potch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The catch being that you need 17+" wheels. You are correct about our rears being better already.

That's one thing I was unsure about with the bigger rotors. I've got the stock 16" wheels so it wouldn't work for me right now.

Maybe down the road I'll go that direction.

Thanks for all your help!

P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98