New Tires Installed! - Dick Cepek Fun Country 285/70R17 (33")

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
Snagged a few more photos of the Yukon - Used a Prius for scale!

After ~250 miles on there the tires seemed to have quited down (maybe due to the tire hair starting to fall off?) Traction in the mud / dirt is awesome and hooks up with out needing to put it in 4wd and the treads cleanout nicely. Note we have sand mud here and not thick nasty axle snapping mud in FL! - except for north FL... )

Its amazing how a leveling kit and tires changed the complete look of this vehicle..
It went from this (With all the crappy chrome trim pieces the previous owner put on there which took me forever to get of along with the glue!!)

yukonxl-edit.png

DickCepek-28570r17-7.jpg

DickCepek-28570r17-6.jpg

thunderdawg

Reaction score
Ha! here are the rest of the photos! Didnt get a chance to post them last night! So no more click bait!

Also for load range E tires, what PSI should I be running at? (Max is 80PSI @ 3195lbs) The tire shop put them at 38 PSI which might be a little low.

I also took some video that i will edit and put together later today hopefully of the tires and a review.
So far the tires are awesome, got rid of a lot of lateral wobble and instability of the old crappy firestone tires and feels a lot better so far.

View attachment 66131

View attachment 66129

View attachment 66130
I ran 55 psi in the load range E tires on my '96 Tahoe. At the lower pressures (~35 psi), the tires were wearing on the edges and cupping. Raising the pressure fixed that. FWIW, I went to load range E for better sidewall puncture protection against greasewood on the WY ranch where my wife and I hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali