New Tahoe owner in Brooklyn, NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up girls and boys?

I just moved back to Brooklyn, NY from four years in the San Francisco Bay Area. Had a 2004 Range Rover out there and loved it, but it wasn't reliable at all and expensive as f*$% to fix. I've been a Tahoe fan for a while, and although I love how the NNBS looks, I wanted something cheap and uber reliable that's already beat up a little bit. That way when it gets dinged up parked on the streets of Brooklyn I won't freak out.

Today I bought a black 2002 5.3 liter LT 4x4 with 195k miles for $2,900. It has a couple of small dents and some faded and chipped paint, but hardly any rust and the motor, tranny and suspension all seem really smooth.

The front tires are pretty bald but I didn't mind because they're worn evenly and I bought this truck with the intention of getting new wheels and tires. In fact, here are the mods I'm hoping to do in the first round:
  1. 4" lift
  2. 20x12.5" wheels (really diggin the deep dish -44 offset RDRs)
  3. 33x12.5" Nitto Ridge Grapplers (or some similar AT tire)
  4. Steel front & rear bumpers
  5. Re-cover the front seats
I have an appointment with the folks at The Custom Shop in Queens next week to get these mods started. Take a look at my pics and let me know what mods you think I should get!

Jon

IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3033.JPG IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3040.JPG

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC Jon!!

I agree your Tahoe looks good..Have a lot relatives in Brooklyn [4th Ave near the Verrazano Narrows Bridge] and in Astoria Queens..I am not crazy about the gridlocked Verrazano Bridge.

Hear ya on parking on the street..My last vehicle was almost destroyed on the streets of Astoria Queens in the 21st street area.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from the bx

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheaper on eBay. Same stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads