New side marker lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Illegal, at least in my state, and per federal motor vehicle safety standards...Side markers have to be Amber, and must have an ambe reflector in the front of the vehicle visible from the side.

Good job on the install.

yourmomsshlong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are amber from the factory....to satisfy the federal motor vehicle safety requirement of an amber light and amber reflector up front on the side. It appears the OP wanted white...and accomplished tha
They are amber from the factory....to satisfy the federal motor vehicle safety requirement of an amber light and amber reflector up front on the side. It appears the OP wanted white...and accomplished that.
I know they're amber from the factory. I asked the OP if his were DIY or used a brand that offered amber.

OP
OP
RichFox

RichFox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
EBAY how ever you want them. They are so bright at night they are like side lights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206_090028_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_090028_eBay.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20221206_090043_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_090043_eBay.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 13

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my search, even the amber ones still run amok of Federal Motor Vehicle requirements, as they remove the required amber reflector which is mandated to be placed on each side of the vehicle as far forward as pratical...unless you install a different one somewhere meeting the requirements. That fact would also make them a violation in my state. The fact that they are bright may even be an additional issue, but I haven't studied that far into the lighting requirements yet.

That said, if I were passing a vehicle equipped w/ these at night on the freeway and I was in my wife's car, I might not appreciate the equivalent of a headlight shining in my side window...

All good till you get in a severe crash causing injury or worse...but man, they look cool...

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on my search, even the amber ones still run amok of Federal Motor Vehicle requirements, as they remove the required amber reflector which is mandated to be placed on each side of the vehicle as far forward as pratical...unless you install a different one somewhere meeting the requirements. That fact would also make them a violation in my state. The fact that they are bright may even be an additional issue, but I haven't studied that far into the lighting requirements yet.

That said, if I were passing a vehicle equipped w/ these at night on the freeway and I was in my wife's car, I might not appreciate the equivalent of a headlight shining in my side window...

All good till you get in a severe crash causing injury or worse...but man, they look cool...
@WalleyeMikeIII, curious what line of work you are in as I have noted many cases where you've quoted laws...me just being curious. Nice to have someone notating these items if said operators are actually interested in them #Thanks.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WalleyeMikeIII, curious what line of work you are in as I have noted many cases where you've quoted laws...me just being curious. Nice to have someone notating these items if said operators are actually interested in them #Thanks.
I am an engineer...actually in the electronics industry, and a project manager (probably what makes me consider things like law when looking at things)...

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing those posted all over facebook and I'm just not a fan. They look kinda tacky IMO as is the case with most cheap chinese made aftermarket lights from ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fstrtd666