New Product Announcement! Headlight Restoration Kit!>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is perfect for anyone who is in need of restoring headlights/taillights, or wants to offer it to their customers. I've tested the product on both headlights & taillights (pics attached), and give it 2 thumbs way up :thumbup::thumbup:

Headlight Restoration Kit

yhst-33883463985110_2074_30093162

Now, some info on it. First, it doesnt require any power tools, buffers, pads, compounds, etc. The kit comes neatly packaged with step by step instructions that anyone can follow. Really very easy. It comes w/ everything required to do the job. Wetsand paper, lube, cleaner, and sealant (plus a little more, but thats the guts of the kit). The results absolutely fantastic! When I tested the product, it didnt take me very long to do the lenses. Both headlights took about 35-40 mins and the one brake light lens took me about 10-15 mins. I've done stuff like this too many times to count, so someone who may be doing this for the first time, give yourself an hour to an hour and a half to do a set of headlights.

Before and Afters:

Heres the 3rd brake light lens from my own s10. One thing I have to point out... those 2 large defects in the lens. Apparently, the last owner put bulbs that were too hot in there and it melted the damn plastic :( Thats why it looks that way, and unfortunately, nothing I can do about it, short of purchasing a new lens. Anyway, this thing was oxidized to all hell and had some scratching in it as well. I ran some professional polish over the center real quick just so you can see the difference.
0916091943.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

I've since done the taillights too. Here was a side by side comparison. Left side was done (just look at the clarity in the reverse lens) vs the right side which was not touched.
cleanedrearlenses.jpg

Now, heres the same lens after its been cleaned up using the Headlight Restoration KitHeadlight Restoration Kit

Ok, that worked well! How about on headlights though? I just happened to have the perfect candidate :D My neighbor has a very neglected Taurus. I cornered him when he came home and asked if he was willing to donate his vehicle for product testing purposes. He had no problems. Said it was mine for whatever I needed. Sweet.

BEFORE:

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

AFTERS:

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

Then the word got out, and we started receiving calls to do this to more vehicles! Heres a couple pics from a lady who wanted her headlights cleaned up on her BMW. These werent as bad as the Ford's above, but they Definitely needed some attention!
(note: kinda tough to tell b/c of the reflections in the lenses, but the amber section gives good representation)

DSC00702.gif

DSC00703.gif

After:

DSC00706.gif

DSC00707.gif

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
I wonder how this compares to 3m's Restorer. Im about to buy that because i wont have to wait on shipping and stuff. But It looks like it works well!

Do this to a obs chevy s headlights and parking lamps...Then i would be very tempted to buy..

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder how this compares to 3m's Restorer. Im about to buy that because i wont have to wait on shipping and stuff. But It looks like it works well!

Do this to a obs chevy s headlights and parking lamps...Then i would be very tempted to buy..

Well, if you check on the link, you'll notice a list of competitors that have a standing challenge for their headlight restorer and since 04, there havent been any takers in a head to head showdown. 3M is on that list.

With that said, I've never personally used the 3M product, but if you decide you'd like to give this a shot, I can have it to you in about 1-3 days depending where you live :Handshake:

Anything particularly different on the obs lenses compared to other polycarbonate/plastic lenses out there?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not the forum police but shouldn't you sign up to be a vendor if you are going to push products from you're website?

MYNES

IM ALL IN
Reaction score
looks like it works!! i normally just wet sand my headlights.but who wants to go threw that whole process.my front turn signal lights are starting to haze a little.might have to pick up a kit from ya.will be in touch

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use one at my shop from EverWear. These kits work wonders. The kits are cheap and take some time, but the results are awesome. Only problem I ever had with them is the epoxy is tough to keep smooth when applying and sometimes the results is a lens with some streak-like lines on them.

The 3M stuff.... if you are referring to the plastic polish, it works great, if you want to spend a couple hours doing it over and over again. I have a bottle in the shop because I ran out of resto kits and I used it on a customers car... my arm was sore for the next 2 days and the result was sub par.

3M does make a kit the includes a buffer, pads, and chemicals that is awesome, but its about a $300-$400 buy in to get started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper