New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kylevd23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's good, at least it was something simple.

A lot of times the actual cables can develop internal high resistance and need to be replaced. There are three separate cables that are usually replaced and run throughout the engine bay. It can cause the issues you were having and also keep it from starting.

If your issues come back, try just touching the cables terminals with just your finger, if the issue stops immediately you'll know that's it (as crazy as it sounds.)

Yea, I may just replace the cables ahead of time as preventative measures. Should I just go with an OEM replacement, or are there better aftermarket ones available?

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
Yea, I may just replace the cables ahead of time as preventative measures. Should I just go with an OEM replacement, or are there better aftermarket ones available?

I only know of the OEM replacements. They aren't just regular cables, more of a harness.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My escalade did the same thing with the radio and locks twice with in the first week i bought it. I changed the battery cables and added another battery and added/regrounded everything. Never had a problem sense.

OP
OP
K

kylevd23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My escalade did the same thing with the radio and locks twice with in the first week i bought it. I changed the battery cables and added another battery and added/regrounded everything. Never had a problem sense.

Were the cables pretty easy to swap out? And when you added the additional ground cables, does that refer to the big three swap I've read about in other posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada