New noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signguy62

Reaction score
Recently 2/4 lowered my 2012 SSV. Spindles up front and coils out back. DJM rear hardware kit with trailing arm relocation brackets, shock relocation brackets and swaybar end links. Everything has been fine for over a week. Yesterday ran several errands without incident. Suddenly, while on my way home, anytime I reach 50mph or better, I get a tapping/clicking noise emanating from the left rear. Sound is like one tap/click per tire/wheel rotation. Slow to under 50mph and sound goes away. Sound also goes away if I swerve to the left while it's making the noise.
I've checked everything under the rear. None of the new parts appear loose. Only thing I noticed new under the rear is, driver side tire is making contact with wheel well liner.
I was hoping it was something simple like a new suspension part had loosened up. But now I'm not to sure.
Anyone ever come across a tapping/clicking from the rear only above 50mph?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts