New member - Tahoe LT 2005 (Europe, NL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lets see, i am paying now for 1 litre of gas (eur95) about € 1,45
So: € 1,45 = $ 1,65 -> 3.8 * 1,65 = $ 6,27 per gallon

For a full tank (26 gallons) i am paying 26*6,27 = 163,03 dollars
And i am doing on average 17/18MPG

Plus i am paying every month $ 158 road tax (i am not sure if you guys in the US are paying road tax or something?)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. The perfect Euro road trip truck. Commands respect in all countries even if she takes 2 spots to park lol. Nice score man.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! That takes a lot of determination to drive that over there I bet! And $163 for a tank of gas? wow. I just checked my last tank and I got 9 mpg, so that would kill me. In my part of the US the road tax is already included in the price of gas, which is currently $1.80 per gallon for premium 92 octane which I have to use for my supercharger. Is that price for regular grade?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nice truck! That takes a lot of determination to drive that over there I bet! And $163 for a tank of gas? wow. I just checked my last tank and I got 9 mpg, so that would kill me. In my part of the US the road tax is already included in the price of gas, which is currently $1.80 per gallon for premium 92 octane which I have to use for my supercharger. Is that price for regular grade?
That's a good price. Here in nj, for super it's around $2.65.

OP
OP
H

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not having big plans for upgrading or so, the only thing is maybe the exhaust.
It could have a bit more V8 sound in it. But it has to be discrete, i don't wanna wake up my neighbors in the morning :)

@mark: Eur95 is regular grade over here (which has a octane of 95) It seems to me, that premium 92 octane is a bit too low for an high performance engine?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not having big plans for upgrading or so, the only thing is maybe the exhaust.
It could have a bit more V8 sound in it. But it has to be discrete, i don't wanna wake up my neighbors in the morning :)

@mark: Eur95 is regular grade over here (which has a octane of 95) It seems to me, that premium 92 octane is a bit too low for an high performance engine?
It's tuned for 91+. 92 is the best available to me. 87 is our regular, 89 is mid grade.

OP
OP
H

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well about the octane rating, i just found out there is actually a difference between Europe and US in terms of octane rating for gasoline.
US are using "AKI" Anti-Knock Index and Europe is using "RON" Research Octane Number.
(thanks to Wikipedia; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

in short, US Premium 91 is similar to our regular grade EUR95
Maybe it is interesting to start a new topic about fuel's, additives, octane? hmm..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160