New member 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonchief

Reaction score
So we ended up trading the wifeys Grand Cherokee for this 2017 Yukon SLT. This is a very nice SUV very happy with it so far. I’ve already some mods for the mean time, first on the list was window tint cause I can’t stand to be without it, next was getting rid of this stock 18” wheels and tires for some 22x9.5 niche wrapped in Nittos 421s tires, then I popped on the new grill over lays on the front which made it look a lot nicer, after that I thru on the husky floor liners which are a perfect fit both front and back. I haven’t done it yet but I will be doing some HIDs for lows in 6K and LEDs for fogs 6K. After that I think I leave it alone for a while hahahaha maybe......... anyway on to the pics

D09D7133-19BC-4D65-A41F-961EED626EA9.jpeg D09D7133-19BC-4D65-A41F-961EED626EA9.jpeg C811486D-0419-4B53-8060-356E291A511C.jpeg 58E247B5-C172-4369-84DF-882A646879F6.jpeg 72E54FA9-0C9A-4D37-ACE3-4FF1A3F3E851.jpeg 1C1B9D10-DFD0-4E0C-AC49-549326337641.jpeg

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, beautiful truck. I really like Grand Cherokees too, but they are really about the same size as a full size sedan, just taller. Lots of us need something a little larger.

Have to say that the big disappointment on mine was the Husky mats. I've been a Weathertech guy all this time and decided to try Husky after reading the positive feedback on this forum. Mine do NOT fit perfectly. The fronts are OK. The second row has a totally unacceptable gap over the transmission hump, and the third row has corners that curl. I thought maybe all that would settle down with age and some heat, but I'm 18 months in now with no change.

I did get Husky to admit to me that they designed the mat dimensions based on published specs from GM and were not able to measure an actual vehicle. That doesn't explain the curling edges, though, that is just evidence of an inferior material choice.

Further, the front mats are getting less and less clean every time I wash them. I'm beginning to suspect the plastic they use is more porous than it should be.

Sorry for splashing your thread.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very clean looking Yukon man! The grill overlay looks excellent over the stock piece! And those wheels, I’m not a big fan of aftermarket wheels but those are extremely classy! Looks good in your color too! Great job man!

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
Congrats, beautiful truck. I really like Grand Cherokees too, but they are really about the same size as a full size sedan, just taller. Lots of us need something a little larger.

Have to say that the big disappointment on mine was the Husky mats. I've been a Weathertech guy all this time and decided to try Husky after reading the positive feedback on this forum. Mine do NOT fit perfectly. The fronts are OK. The second row has a totally unacceptable gap over the transmission hump, and the third row has corners that curl. I thought maybe all that would settle down with age and some heat, but I'm 18 months in now with no change.

I did get Husky to admit to me that they designed the mat dimensions based on published specs from GM and were not able to measure an actual vehicle. That doesn't explain the curling edges, though, that is just evidence of an inferior material choice.

Further, the front mats are getting less and less clean every time I wash them. I'm beginning to suspect the plastic they use is more porous than it should be.

Sorry for splashing your thread.

Thanks man

The grand Cherokees are nice man...... especially the one I had cause it had the hemi. So In a small SUV like the Cherokee that thing moved.

This is my first time ever buying husky floor mats. But so far they are good only time will tell I guess. I didn’t get the third row. I only got the first and second rows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
Very clean looking Yukon man! The grill overlay looks excellent over the stock piece! And those wheels, I’m not a big fan of aftermarket wheels but those are extremely classy! Looks good in your color too! Great job man!

Thanks brotha,

The grill overlay is sweet..... I had my doubts because it was just one of this eBay things that your not sure what exactly you might get but it is actually built really well and is very secure for its just popping on but best of all it was less the $100.

I debated and debated on wheels selection I had my heart set on OEM replica denali wheels....... but then my buddy at discount tire showed me these and at first I didn’t like them in the picture he showed me but then he gave me one of those trust me it will look a lot better in person and on the Yukon. So I said F’it order them for me, and I’m glad he did cause they are sweet the color combo from the wheels to the Yukon are perfect.